Sunday, October 26, 2014

#SundayFundayNovel Update


A few months ago I had this fun idea: to start a project that I work on only on Sundays. A Sunday Novel. My goal? To write fast and free, without edit, and only for me. To write like I’m the only one who’s ever going to read it.

It’s been 12 Sundays, and here’s how things are progressing:

1.)   I’ve only missed one Sunday.

2.)  I’ve written 21,000 words. That means at least 1,750 words per Sunday.

3.)  I spend 1 to 2 hours writing each time.

4.)  Which means I’m writing WAY faster than I usually do. About twice as fast.

5.)  And most importantly: I’m having SO MUCH FUN.

I can’t remember the last time I’ve had so much fun with a project. You know how it feels when you start reading a book and you love it and you can’t wait until you can sit down and read another chapter? That’s the feeling. I look forward to every Sunday writing session.

I can do whatever I want with this story. It’s mine. Yes, I’m published and I’m planning on publishing more novels, but this one is just for me. If it turns out to be for you too, then great. But right now it’s mine and I’m have a great time with it.

If you want to start a #SundayFundayNovel, connect with meon Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment